- This event has passed.
NAEGA Contracts and Best Practices Seminar – Vancouver
July 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Please RSVP now for a Contracts and Best Practices Seminar at the Westin Grand Vancouver Hotel on July 20 in Vancouver, BC! Led by NAEGA Senior Advisor Sam Bonilla and President and CEO Gary Martin, this seminar will provide participants with a current and interactive, review of commercial and official practices to improve predictability, reduce risks, resolve trade barriers, and facilitate profitable trade. NAEGA staff will assist Sam and be available to discuss NAEGA actions and member services
The preliminary agenda includes:
- Open dialogue on current contracting practices as they relate to trade risks.
- A "Road Map" of the NAEGA II Model Contract
- Review of the 2017 revisions to the NAEGA II Model Contract.
- Perspectives on the global contracting environment in GAFTA, FOSFA and other contract models and practices.
- Case Study Exercises on:
- Calculating laytime, despatch and demurrage.
- Contract Terms.
- Arbitration and other alternatives for dispute resolution.
The seminar will be an important opportunity for newer trade professionals to become familiar with the industry and for more experienced trade professionals to consider recent events and discuss get to know the recent changes to the NAEGA 2 contract!
More information on a location and time will be announced soon.