- This event has passed.
NAEGA Contracts and Best Practices Seminar and Reception
November 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Please join NAEGA for a Contracts and Best Practices Seminar in Tokyo, Japan!
Led by NAEGA Senior Advisor Sam Bonilla, this seminar is an interactive, industry-wide opportunity to exchange and learn through an intensive and informative review of commercial and official practices to improve predictability, reduce risks, resolve trade barriers and facilitate profitable trade.
The preliminary agenda includes:
- Open dialogue on current contracting practices as they relate to trade risks.
- A "Road Map" of the NAEGA II Model Contract
- Review of the pending 2017 revisions to the NAEGA II Model Contract.
- Perspectives on the global contracting environment in GAFTA, FOSFA and other contract models and practices.
- Review of recent arbitration decisions.
- Case Study Exercises on:
- Calculating laytime, despatch and demurrage.
- Contract Terms.
- Arbitration and other alternatives for dispute resolution.
The seminar is free to NAEGA members and non-members. NAEGA member representatives are encouraged to invite others by forwarding this invitation.
Please contact Ryan Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-682-4030 if you have any questions.