- This event has passed.
IGTC DC Working Visit
May 13, 2018 @ 9:00 am - May 18, 2018 @ 6:00 pm
Katy Lee, IGTC Secretariat, will travel to Washington, D.C. on the week of May 13 to work from NAEGA’s Arlington, VA offices. During her travel, Ms. Lee will work closely with NAEGA staff on planning and operational issues regarding implementation of the IGTC business plan. In addition, Ms. Lee has a number of DC outreach activities planned, including:
- Meetings with USDA staff regarding IGTC policy files and initiatives.
- A briefing for Washington, D.C. based grain trade stakeholders to discuss IGTC policy files and initiatives.
- Briefings with Washington based embassy representatives. Briefings are currently being sought with the Embassies of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Egypt, Japan, Kenya and South Africa.
- A meeting with the representatives of World Bank’s Enabling the Business of Agriculture project to discuss IGTC contributions to the report.
- Monitoring, assessing and reporting on critical U.S. trade policy developments impacting the GRNOS trade and the IGTC mission, including: the critical U.S.– China trade relationship as impacted by developments related to the U.S. Section 301 investigation; and NAFTA and North American GRNOS competitiveness.
- Participation with NAEGA staff as a discussant in a webinar co-hosted by the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (U.S. Department of Transportation) and the Canadian St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation (SLSMC).
- Preparations for further IGTC engagement with the International Grains Council (IGC). This preparation will include planning for the International Grains Conference session on Monday June 18 and the NAEGA/IGTC sponsored workshop on Wednesday, June 20, both in London.
A copy of the notice to post for this travel is available here.