- This event has passed.
Contracts and Best Practices Seminar
May 17, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Please join NAEGA for a Contracts and Best Practices Seminar on May 17 in the Calhoun Isles (Lake) Room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Minneapolis, MN! Led by NAEGA Senior Advisor Sam Bonilla, this seminar will again provide participants with a current and interactive, review of commercial and official practices to improve predictability, reduce risks, resolve trade barriers, and facilitate profitable trade. NAEGA staff will assist Sam and be available to discuss NAEGA actions and member services.
The seminar will be an important opportunity for newer trade professionals to become familiar with the industry and for more experienced trade professionals to consider recent events and discuss get to know the recent changes to the NAEGA 2 contract!
The preliminary agenda includes:
- Open dialogue on current contracting practices as they relate to trade risks.
- A "Road Map" of the NAEGA II Model Contract
- Review of the 2017 revisions to the NAEGA II Model Contract.
- Perspectives on the global contracting environment in GAFTA, FOSFA and other contract models and practices.
- Case Study Exercises on:
- Calculating laytime, despatch and demurrage.
- Contract Terms.
- Arbitration and other alternatives for dispute resolution.
The Hilton Garden Inn is located in downtown Minneapolis at 1101 S 4th Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404.