IGTC General Assembly and Events
Last week, the International Grain Trade Coalition (IGTC) and NAEGA completed several successful activities in the Washington, D.C. area, including:
- S. Capitol Tour: IGTC members met with U.S. Representative Adrian Smith of Nebraska to discuss the IGTC’s mission and objectives. Participants were then treated to a tour of the U.S. Capitol and grounds.
- IGTC and Canadian Embassy seminar on policy issues affecting the international grain trade: IGTC members and corporate stakeholders attended an exclusive event at the Canadian Embassy to discuss the IGTC’s global policy agenda to D.C. based Embassy representatives, international organizations and select U.S. government officials.
- IGTC and World Bank Reception: Enabling the Business of Agriculture: The IGTC held an evening reception at the World Bank to discuss the Enabling the Business of agriculture project and network with World Bank officials and staff.
- IGTC Strategy Session: IGTC members and corporate stakeholders met to discuss policy files and priorities, including plant breeding innovations, information sharing, electronic documentation and the IPPC ISPM for grain, among other issues.
- IGTC General Assembly: Members met for their annual General Assembly to discuss and vote on IGTC operational and policy issues.
- Management Council Meeting: The IGTC management council met to discuss ongoing implementation of the business plan.
Agenda’s for these events and further information and photos from these activities can be found on the IGTC website: www.igtcglobal.org.